In this article we will discuss about Types of Sensors Fire commonly used in fire extinguishing systems or fire system.
The role of fire sensors ( fire sensor ) in the fire extinguishing system is a system integration in mendeksi potential for large fire risk and provide a warning or alert system when the risk of fire appears.
Some things that are considered potential fire hazards such as the appearance of smoke, the rise in temperature / heat, sparks the onset, change the color of the surface, and the presence of certain gases that can cause fires.
Read more: Jual Fire Alarm Surabaya
From some of the potential fire above the type of sensors or sensor used in Fire alarm systems are grouped into:
- Sensor asap (Smoke Detector)
- Heat sensors (Heat Detector)
- Sensor sparks (Flame Detector)
- Sensor gas (Gas Detector)
- Sensor color / image (sensor Images)
Fire sensors in the working system has two types:
- Stand alone Fire Detector: fire detectors stand alone, which is working to detect potential fires and provide better warning alarm sounds or lamp. Usually the power supply or power supply using batteries.
- Integrated Fire Detector : fire detectors connected to a fire extinguishing system control panel or fire system. So there is a potential fire, the sensor will provide alerts to the fire system , and would make the system standby or function fire suppression. System integration to fire the system can use the conventional connection method ( wire connections ) and Addressable . Furthermore, we will discuss in the next article.
Sensor asap (Smoke Detector)
A smoke detector will detect the intensity of the smoke in a room. Smoke detector works using multiple detection methods including:
- Optical Smoke Detector : Detect smoke based on the density of light. The use of LED and Photo Transistor is commonly used in this type of
- Ionization Smoke Detector : Detect smoke ionization process based on radioisotope (radioisotope). Smoke will be airborne and cause ionized isotope triggering the alarm. Type commonly used isotope is americium 421.
- Carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide Smoke Detector : Smoke sesor type that detects the concentration of CO or CO2 in the air. These sensors are more focused on the smoke was not visible / invisible to human harm caused by fires that might not be visible but have fatal consequences on health.
Heat sensors (Heat Detector)
Heat sensors will detect heat changes in a room with a conductivity change in shape or object on the sensor because the heat changes.
Thermal sensors have two (2) classification system of work:
- Fixed temperature heat detectors : Works by deformation sensor components from solid to liquid. In this type of sensor used heat-sensitive eutectic alloy , or a mixture of chemicals that will change shape at a certain temperature or eutectic point . heat sensitive eutectic alloy is easily exemplified as lead or Tin (Sb) that will melt at a temperature soldering. Once this melting occurs the sensor will work to move the alarm.
- Rate-of-Rise (ROR) heat detectors : work based on the effect of rapid changes in body shape, usually metal. The working principle of ROR is actually just a regular bi-metal switch. The switch will be in contact when detecting hot enough. Bimetal which changes shape can be used as a switch that supplies power to the alarm.
Sensor sparks (Flame Detector)
Flame detectors will work to detect if there is a spark in an observation area. Usually work based on changes in color or light (optical sensors) and ionization in an area that affects the sensor.
Type Flame Detector which works with optical sensor systems:
- Ultraviolet (UV) Flame Detector : working with wavelengths shorter than 300 nm. These detectors detect fires and explosions within 3-4 milliseconds because UV radiation is emitted in the event of a spark.
- Near Infrared Array Flame Detectors : also known as visual fire detector, using flame recognition technology to confirm the outbreak of fire by analyzing near IR radiation through an array of pixels of a charge-coupled device (CCD).
- I nfrared (IR) Flame Detectors: fire detector that works in the infrared band spectrum. The hot gas emits a pattern of specific spectrum in the infrared region, which can be felt with a special thermal imaging camera (TIC), the type of camera is also known as thermographic cameras
- IR3 flame detectors : works by comparing three specific wavelength bands in the IR region of the spectrum and their ratio to one another.
Current flame ionization detection
for type flame ionization detection that uses a current known as flame ionization detection. The system works by measuring the intensity of ionization in fire . Sesor type is usuallyused in the process of heating gas in large industries which are connected to the control system of fire and act well as monitor the quality of fire and fire system devices.
Gas Sensors (Gas Detector)
Thermocouple flame detection
thermocouples are used extensively to monitor the presence of fire in the system of combustion heater and stove gas . Generally used as prevention of harm to cut off the supply of fuel when the flames could not be controlled . This is to prevent the danger of explosion and fire or danger of asphyxiation in a confined space because the thin oxygen .
Sensor Gas (Gas Detector)
Gas Detector would be to detect the presence of a gas in a certain area that could potentially cause a fire or cause disruption to human safety.
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a gas that is very dangerous and binds oxygen in the lungs , killing hundreds of people around the world each year . CO is odorless , colorless , Making it impossible for humans to detect it . The detector of carbon monoxide can be purchased at a price of around US $ 20-60, or about Rp 200,000 to Rp 600,000 depending on the brand .
In addition to CO and CO2, other gases type of sensor used is a gas sensor propane / propane, butane gas / butane and other gases that may trigger an explosion of fire.
Sensor color / image (sensor Images)
Sersor color / image analyzing the resulting color spectrum of an object that could potentially result in an explosion kebakara. Color sensors are mostly working within the range of the color spectrum ultraviolet, visible light, infrared, Infrared broadband and CO2.